Friday, April 18, 2008

Overnight Summer

It happens every single spring. I ever so carefully and eagerly study the swollen tips of the tree- branches while I anticipate the new beauty that is yet to come. I am rewarded ever so briefly with the Easter colored flowers that blanket the trees and the shrubs along the roadside as I hurry off to work or back home at the end of the day. I see the grass on the roadside turn lime green with each spring rain. And every year, like a softheaded fool, I am so dumbfounded when I wake up that next morning and discover that every single tree has exploded with all its leaves meaning summer is well on its way.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing, and can never stop wondering "When did it happen? Where WAS I? Under a rock?"

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.