Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amaryllis Update #3

The leaves are now drooping toward the floor and turning fall yellow in most of the pots. In some plants the leaves are dry brown already. Most of the bulbs still have some green leaves hanging in persistently. The Hawaiian lilies look a little pale but stand upright and green still. I hope they start to go into dormancy before the first cold freeze in November! I will cut all of these leaves off in mid-October or later and then move the plants into black plastic garbage bags and put them in the dark corner of my basement by the sump pump...hopefully they will be ready for show time come late January and February when I bring up a few plants at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tabor,
    How are you? Just dropping by to tell you that I made a surprise to my friends on my blog and I think you will like it. If you have the time, please, come to see...

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.