Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Beginning of Winter Red


I found these little brave faces peaking at the sun in the 30 degree temperature from a pot on the deck and wanted to share.


I unpacked from the black garbage bags about a third of my amaryllis and re-potted them in pots of new soil and after soaking them in water as hot as my hands could tolerate, I placed them in the sun in my kitchen corner. Already one or two are sending up lime green shoots. I was worried because I no longer have a cold basement...these were stored in a cool but heated corner of the storage room. I worry that the last group I bring up will have mold or fungus. I will see.

2 comments:

  1. What a show that will be, Tabor! We have no cool places to keep things so all our Amaryllis from previous years were planted outside. Some bloom each spring, but I missed having them in the house in winter - was happy to get a new one as a gift and the found a second at the after-Christmas sales.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.