Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vulture Culture

I was watching this red-headed turkey vulture who was watching me while I was watching him watch me. ..for some time. I looked him in the eye and I really think he was thinking, "You, too, are going to die someday."

But not before you, I was thinking in stubborness.

Actually this photo reminds me of the old cartoon where two vultures sit on a tree snag in the desert looking over vast nothingness until one of them turns to the other and says, "I don't know about you, but I am going to kill something."

3 comments:

  1. Great picture! Great caption-story! There really is something rather bizarre about those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean... actually, he rather reminded me of an undertaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot. I do remember that poster well.. "Patience my @$$.. I'm gonna kill something." It was always ironically alongside the "Hang in there" kitty. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.