Thursday, October 19, 2017

Slipping Into Shorter Days

The sun continues to move to the left as it sets at the mouth of our small inlet from the larger river. Most days there are no clouds in the pale blue sky to catch the dwindling rays of that orange orb and create a jaw-dropping sunset, but the angle of the sun as it bounces off of the water is, in itself, a lovely event. Let me share. Below the sun reflects off the water to shine upward through the drying dogwood leaves in the early part of the sunset.




Then as the shadows darken, the water still hangs on to the last bit of golden light as if in a departing lover's embrace.



The saltbush has begun to lose its feathery seeds and is the last to kiss the sun goodbye.  While the air is mostly cooler now and I pull my jacket closer, the image is of warmth through my camera lens.

13 comments:

  1. Autumn seems to be waiting for November out here. While we don't usually see lots of color, I would like to see a cool down in our temperatures and some RAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best time of year for your area. Spring is pretty nice too...and summer if you have AC, Winter is nice, but no, Autumn is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday i want to see autumn in your area in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing and photos are poetic. They make me long to see a real autumn again.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like your descriptive posts. Yes, fall is advancing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely writing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, days are shorter and the sun is moving. no cool temps here though so no colorful foliage. that's OK. I console myself with no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fall pics. I hear the leaves are late in the Northeast this year, but that is okay, because maybe we'll see some color when we head to Boston this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "image of warmth"...Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All so red and orange, warm colours for cold days....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sensual word descriptions — lovely photos! Just as I thought fall’s cooler weather had arrived here, we’re being told now to expect three digit temps.








    ReplyDelete
  13. Your artistic feeling is exquisite.
    Praise to the senses.
    I love your photography.

    The best compliment.

    From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.